Saturday, July 5, 2014

Negros Oriental | Wandering Around Dumaguete City



I spend my remaining days of my Negros+Siquijor trip in Dumaguete City. Straight from the ferry terminal I walked the long stretch of Rizal Boulevard. This is named after the national hero Jose Rizal who used to stroll in that boulevard before he was exiled in Dapitan. I’m surprised to see a city where you can’t see any single trash. The cleanest city I have been so far.








The city of Dumaguete dubbed as “The City of Gentle People” and truly it lives up to its reputation.

There is more interesting places around Dumaguete and nearby towns of Negros Oriental but I choose to explore the city because I’m run out of budget.


I enjoyed roaming around the campus of Silliman University. It’s one of the best universities in Central Visayas. 








I have dansilog (dangit+sinangag+itlog) for brunch. I tried a slice of sans rival and 
silvanas from famousSsans Rival Cakes & Pastries.



Dumaguetinos and tourist spend their afternoon watching the sun set along Rizal Boulevard. Vendors that sell balut, fishball, kikiam and soft drinks set up small chairs and tables beside the street. When dawn comes most of the locals flock to these area to enjoy the street foods, live bands and relaxing ambiance of the boulevard.

This part of my Negros+Siquijor Trip series

Negros Occidental | Negros Oriental | Siquijor

No comments:

Post a Comment