Saturday, July 5, 2014

Siquijor | Circumnavigating The Mystical Island



On the third day of my Negros+Siquijor trip i woke up early as 3 in the morning and boarded a Ceres liner bus from Bacolod going to Dumaguete city. It’s a six hours journey to the sea port of Dumaguete where I took a ferry boat to the mystical island of Siquijor. It took almost an hour going to this island. 



This island is famous for black magic, witchcraft and the unknown. Most travelers were thinking twice before heading to this place because of those nonsense beliefs.

The excitement in me is immeasurable as i walk out of the ferry terminal. The cold breeze of wind, white sand beaches and the heartwarming faces welcome me to this island paradise.

Tricycles outside were aligned waiting for passengers and tourists. They were offering a tour around the island. Past noon when I arrived there and took a tricycle and proceeded to the Diamond de Siquijor Resort where i eat lunch and take a nap. I’m so tired for the long hours of traveling. It’s raining that afternoon that’s why i just stayed inside my room with door open wide overlooking the shores. 




After resting for an hour I check those amazing rock formations just outside my room. You can also do the cliff jumping there were I opt not to because of high tide and the strong waves were rocking the shores. it’s freaking raining the whole afternoon that I was not able to witness the sunset.



The next day the tricycle driver pitched me and toured me to the beautiful spots of the island. My Siqujor tour kicked off with the cold spring in the town plaza of San Juan. The locals flocked here every weekend and enjoy swimming in that spring. The century old balete tree nearby has a fish-spa where you quick dip in its spring water.

The San Isidro Labrador Church and Convent in town of Lazi showcases a magnificent structure. This is the oldest convent in the Philippines. The church is made of coral stone and timber.


After checking the church I took a dip at the refreshing Cambugahay Falls on the Po-oh River. The in charge in collecting parking fee was not around when I get there so I get a free glimpsed of that amazing wonders. It’s quite slippery stepping on the stones that served as stair going down to the falls.




It took me almost four hours to circumnavigate the whole island of Siquijor. My tour ended up in the beautiful town of Siquijor, Siquijor. I spend some time roaming around and took pictures of old church while waiting for the ferry bound for Dumaguete. 


This part of my Negros+Siquijor Trip series

Negros Occidental | Negros Oriental | Siquijor

No comments:

Post a Comment