Friday, August 15, 2014

Cagayan | Exploring Callao Cave



After spending some time in Magat Dam I boarded a van bound for Tueguegarao City in Cagayan. I left my backpack at hotel Candice then I wandered around the city. I passed by Sts. Peter and Paul cathedral. For lunch i have the famous pancit patil-patung.

sts peter and paul church

pancit patil patung

The following day I visited the Callao cave in Penablanca. The cave is consisting of seven chambers. There is also a chapel inside. It was so muddy that I opted not to explore all the chambers besides I have no headlamp.



After my caving I headed back to Tuguerrao and boarded a passenger jeep bound to the town of Tuao for the Lady of Piat church. Outside the church the sticky and delicious delicacy pawa is a must try.




I ended the day watching sunset at the Buntun bridge with the scenic view of Cagayan river. I bought some packs of chicarabao as pasalubong for my family and officemates back in Manila.




My original plan is to circumnavigate the Northern Luzon loop, from Isabela to Cagayan down to Ilocos Norte and back to Manila. But due to the typhoon some of the bridges that connecting Cagayan Valley and Ilocos Region were damaged so I have no choice but to go back to Manila boarding a bus from Tuguegarao.

Spending two days in Cagayan Valley is a memorable trip that I will try again soon. Hopefully the weather would cooperate with me the next time around! :)


How to get there

There are buses from Cubao to Tuguegarao City.

From Tuguegarao City get a tricycle and ask him to take you to the terminal going to Penablanca (p10.00). from there, the tricycle will wait for 6 more passengers before it leaves (P40.00). To the bank of Pinacanauan river then the boat (p20.00/ roundtrip) that will take you across to the entrance of the cave.

This is part of my Cagayan Valley trip


Isabela | Cagayan

No comments:

Post a Comment